[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: what are realistic threats?

[Sorry about earlier blank posting, network prob.]

To sumarise Tim's post :

* Each user choses their own authentication hierarchy by compositing other
	hierarchies.

Within this general idea I think we need to expand just a little :-

* For user, read party. Organisations may have their own corporate systems of
	trust. If I sign a document to be paid for by CERN they will want their
	system of trust to be applied.

* Trust is context dependent. I may trust Joe not to send me a duff RFC but
	not trust him an inch with money

* Trust is limited, I may trust Joe to $10 and AMEX to $1000.

But just to complicate matters:

* I almost certainly want to keep my personal system of trust private. I do
	not want Joe to know that I don't trust him. We cannot arbitrate simply
	by sending out our trust mapping to others.

	Phill.